Fruity Whoopsies - a new SCD recipe invented by mistake!

July 01, 2017



*Btw, in case you hadn't noticed, I use stock photos on this blog. I don't have a functioning camera and my phone is terrible. But since I can't find pictures of something I made by mistake, the above photo was taken with our kindle. Improvising all the way...*

I tried to make SCD power bars since we realised we weren't allowed to eat the Paleo ones we found because they have seeds. Our food processor broke down in the middle of making them so I started winging it. What happened was not a power bar, but it ended up being a sort of fruity blondie that was pretty good served warm. So my son and I decided to call them Fruity Whoopsies and make them a new recipe!

Ingredients:

1 cup of dates
1 cup of dried apricots
1/2 cup of pecans
Zest of 1/2 lemon

1/2 cup almond milk
2 Tbsp peanut butter
1 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1 egg


Preheat oven to 180C/350F.

Mix the dates, apricots, pecans, and lemon zest in a processor until you have a mushy chunk that easily clumps together BUT not so much that it becomes too smooth. 

Add the almond milk, then peanut butter, then honey, then vanilla extract but continue blending/processing or, if your processor broke, stirring and mashing, in between each ingredient. 

Finally, stir in the egg.

Spread the mixture in a greased 8 x 8 pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments