Quick and Easy Tomato Soup

August 31, 2017


I tried to make tomato soup from scratch recently. I slaved over the stove for over an hour sauteing carrots, and sweating fresh tomatoes. It took forever and was positively mediocre. My son wasn't even that thrilled with it. Then something occurred to me that was much simpler. I tried it and it has been a life and time saver!

Ingredients:

3 cups Tomato juice 
(PURE tomato juice. 
It must be just tomatoes 
and maybe salt added, 
nothing more!)
1 cup Almond/Cashew/Coconut 
or other nut milk
Salt and pepper
Dried Parsley
Paprika
Dried Oregano 
Dried Basil
Garlic Salt
Onion Flakes

Directions: 

Combine the tomato juice and milk in a sauce pan.
Add a pinch of everything else, depending on your taste.
Bring to the boil and then simmer over low-medium heat for 20 minutes,
Eat and enjoy!

You can add red pepper flakes, fresh tomatoes or other vegetables, or fresh onions and garlic if you want to cook for a bit longer. So easy and my son loves it!




You Might Also Like

0 comments